ZIPPY DOO DAH DAY
Photo by Shanna Hullender Photography


"Adopting one child won't change the world; but for that child, the world will change."




Thursday, October 21, 2010

Everyone Needs a Momma





Whewww!!!!! It has been forever since I have blogged. So much has happened in the last couple of months so let me bring you up to speed on everything.

The boys both played football this fall. They were on different teams, therefore, we were often running in two different directions. It was really taxing on all of us (and the season still isn't over)!

Shyne celebrated his 6th birthday on September 15th. He had a spectacular shark themed school and swim birthday parties.

Lastly, I started a job with a very short advance notice. I loved being home with the kiddos but our Cobra health care coverage was ending soon. So back to the workforce I went in pursuit of a company plan health care coverage for our family. Everyone has adjusted very well to all the new changes this has brought about in our lives. Even still, the reality is that it sucks to be working for health care! I hate the word "sucks" but in this situation it is most fitting because that is really how it feels. My new job is requiring me to go through 10 weeks of training with 5 of those weeks being out of town away from my family. As I type this from my hotel room, I am wrapping up week 1 away from my babies. The good news is that I get to go home on weekends to see them! I have missed my babies terribly!

I haven't been online nearly as much now that I am working full-time again. However, I did stumble across an adoption forum tonight where the thread was discussing foster care adoptions. Once again, I didn't feel that foster care children were getting a fair shake. Then I saw that I am still getting tons of hits daily on this blog. So even while my plate is beyond full at this point, I am going to have to step it up and keep spreading the word about my great foster care experience. It is the least I can do to help those without voices. I truly believe in this with all of my heart.

My parents have helped a lot with my kids these last few weeks. Shyne told my stepfather this week that "Everyone needs a Momma." Isn't that the truth? I wish all kids had a Momma AND a Daddy so I recommit myself to blogging about my foster care adoption experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I visit your blog often because you are one of the few who blog about foster care adoption. I think, even though you are busy, that you def need to blog more often! :)

    ReplyDelete