ZIPPY DOO DAH DAY
Photo by Shanna Hullender Photography


"Adopting one child won't change the world; but for that child, the world will change."




Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hello 34!


Yep, it is my birthday! Billy's birthday was yesterday. I can't say all of this in the same paragraph without throwing out the disclaimer that he is 5 years and 1 day older than me! Yep, he only has 363 more days to enjoy his 30's!

Birthday's are really no big deal to me. Usually the weather is gorgeous here in May so that is good enough to make for a fabulous day for me. We both got birthday money and are pooling it together to get a new patio set. Therefore, last week I started the dreaded job of staining/waterproofing our deck. Whhheeeww! So if the rain holds off, I will be out working on my farmers tan (the only type of tan other than tinted lotion that I do these days - after all, I'm 34 years old now) and staining the dreaded deck.

Speaking of birthdays, Fuller turns 7 in early June. I'm going to throw his birthday bash before school lets out so that he can invite all of his school buddies. I really don't think kids should have an all out birthday bash each year (Yep, I'm that bad Mommy!). However this year, we all have a lot to celebrate so the P.A.R.T.Y. is on! We are rolling with a pirate themed swim party. Fuller is so excited. I really never knew that planning a birthday party could put my little pirate over the moon. I'm excited for him but for the record even on our all out birthday bash year, I'm not that Momma that goes all out. I think that surprises some people because I do love "over the top" but parties really aren't my thing! Any pirate swim party suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment